Friday, November 14, 2008

Change

I have lived in our area of northern California for much of my youth and most of my adult life. It seems that every autumn I become more appreciative of the colors and changes which occur in the foliage all around me. Perhaps I am just more appreciative of change, period. Having said that, sometimes change is good and sometimes it is not. I don't like all the recent political change. I don't like the changes age brings, and yet I am keenly aware of ALL of them. I often experience wistful feelings as I observe my growing, changing children and family...where did the time go? Gratefully, my parents change very little but their yard is in the midst of a gorgeous change of putting on its autumn color. I have been admiring the change in the beautiful trees and shrubs that surround their home and thought you'd enjoy it too. I also had to include this peach tree which is experiencing a change, (it looks a little withered compared to the beautiful color tinged leaves on the above trees). Life is often reflected in nature's changes which can be beautiful and glorious or dreary, plain and appearing nearly dead. In the cycle of life, I understand that I probably have passed the point of beautiful and glorious (if I ever was) and am more like the withering peach tree....for now.

1 comment:

Crystal and Steve said...

comment. wow. mom, very introspective. i admire everything about your blog...your thoughts, the way you word things, the way you think...just everything! sheesh, I wish I could blog the way you do. I aspire to your blogging abilities, and until then dream about the opportunities you present us to comment on your beautiful thoughts and pictures. Thank you for keeping your blog current.